- noun a protective bar on the front and back of a car
Cars & Driving
- noun previously a separate metal bar or blade at the front or rear of a vehicle, now a reinforced impact-absorbing plastic moulding faired in to the bodywork, with the purpose of protecting bodywork and absorbing impacts, at least at low speeds
- A device, other than a spring or oil buffer, used to absorb impact from an elevator or counterweight.
- The rubber silencer on a door frame.
- noun a short separating device such as a piece of music, after and before a commercial break in a radio or television programme