- noun (written as burn-in)a heat test for electronic components
- verb to mark a television or monitor screen after displaying a high-brightness image for too long
- verb to write data into a PROM chip
- (written as burn-in)A burn (1) produced as a consequence of the same text and/or images being presented on a CRT screen for an extended period. Currently, few monitors are afflicted this problem.
- verb to expose to light part of an image on photographic paper, while protecting other areas so that they do not darken any further