- noun work in buying, selling, or doing other things to make a profit
- A firm.
- The activities engaged in by firms.
Information & Library Science
- noun an action or series of actions that an actor includes for dramatic or comic effect or to fill in a pause when nothing of interest is happening on stage
- noun the work of making, buying or selling
- noun a company, shop or factory which makes, buys or sells things
- noun things that are discussed in a meeting
- a hypodermic syringe. A drug user’s euphemism.
- an act of defecation. To ‘do one’s business’ was a nursery expression epitomising Victorian notions of duty and hygiene.
- a thrashing, a thorough dressing down or beating up
- the very best, the acme of excellence
- noun types of business taken as a group