- noun an electrical device which makes a loud hum
- noun a ball thrown in from the field that goes past the wicket; an overthrowCitation ‘Overthrows, or “buzzers” as they are sometimes known … will always cause a bit of excitement, laced with humour’ (Oslear & Mosey 1993)
- An electromagnetic device whose armature vibrates rapidly, which produces a vibratory or droning sound. Used for producing audible signals, such as warnings.
Information & Library Science
- noun an electronic device making a loud hum, often used as an alarm
- noun a device that makes a buzzing sound to signal that a game has finished