- noun (written as C)a high level programming language developed mainly for writing structured systems programs
- noun (written as C++)a high-level programming language based on its predecessor, C, but providing object-oriented programming functions
- symbol (written as C)the hexadecimal number equivalent to decimal 12
- abbreviation (written as c)caught; used in the scorebook, following the name of a batsman and preceding the name of a fielder, to indicate the manner of the batsman’s dismissal and the player responsible for it. In earlier times dismissals by catching were credited to the catcher alone; thus, in the Kent v All England match of 1744,.Citation ‘Lord J. Sackville C by Waymark 5’ (Nyren 1833 in HM)See also c and b
- (written as C)A high-level computer programming language which is highly flexible and mostly machine-independent because of its closeness to assembly language. Also called C programming language.
- (written as C++)An object oriented version of C (7).
- Fish: the following word indicates the type or state of the fish