- verb to mark the degrees or measurements on a scale
- verb to adjust the scale or graduations on a measuring instrument or gauge
- verb to adjust a monitor or joystick so that it is responding correctly and accurately to the signals or movements
- To check indicated and/or measured values and make adjustments comparing with a known standard. Such a procedure may be used to make sure that the readings, settings, or values of an instrument, component, or device are correct.
- verb to measure the inside diameter of a tube or passage
- verb to measure the sizes of two parts of the body to be joined together in surgery
- verb to adjust an instrument or piece of equipment against a known standard