- noun the adjusting of the scale or graduations on a measuring instrument or gauge
Cars & Driving
- noun the process of marking the measuring units on an instrument or checking their accuracy
- In economic models, particularly computable general equilibrium models, this refers to the assignment of values to parameters so as to align the model with real-world data.
- The process of checking indicated and/or measured values and making adjustments while comparing with a known standard. Such a procedure may be used to make sure that the readings, settings, or values of an instrument, component, or device are correct.
- The gradations of a scale, such as that of a thermometer that reads to tenths of degrees.