Cars & Driving
- noun a measuring tool with two legs usually mounted in a slide on a measuring bar, for internal and external measurement; some designs allow depth and step measurement as well; the different types include vernier calipers, dial calipers, or digital calipers
- An instrument with two hinged legs used to determine the thickness or diameter of objects. See also calliper.
- noun an instrument with two legs, used for measuring the width of the pelvic cavity
- noun an instrument with two sharp points which are put into a fractured bone and weights attached to cause traction
- noun a leg splint made of rods and straps and usually fastened to the lower leg to enable the hip bone rather than the foot to support the person’s weight when walking
- noun a type of measuring instrument which calculates the thickness of paper