- verb to stop something which has been agreed or planned
- To match in force or effect, especially when diminishing, annulling, or omitting.
Information & Library Science
- verb to cause something such as a cheque or reservation to be no longer valid
- noun a page or section of a book that needs to be replaced because it contains an error
- noun a page or section of a book that is inserted to replace one that was missing or one that was faulty
- noun a set of printed pages (or a single leaf) which take the place of other pages in a printed book