- A loudspeaker in which a flexible metal diaphragm and a rigid plate form a two-plate air capacitor. The mechanical vibration of its thin sound-producing diaphragm is produced by electrostatic fields produced between it and a rigid plate, each with a high audio voltage applied to them. Also called capacitor loudspeaker, capacitive speaker, capacitive loudspeaker, condenser speaker, or electrostatic speaker.
- synonymcapacitive loudspeaker
- synonymcapacitive speaker
- synonymcapacitor loudspeaker
- synonymcondenser loudspeaker
- synonymcondenser speaker