- noun an account that states the value of funds and assets invested in a business by the owners or shareholders
- noun the portion of a country’s balance of payments that refers to investments, rather than to the buying and selling of merchandise
- noun a statement of the net worth of an organization at a given time
- noun a country’s national account showing the capital invested in a infrastructure, or a firm’s account showing investment in plant and other assets
- (written as Capital Account)One of two accounts that make up the balance of payments for a country, the other being the current account. The capital account keeps track of currency moving into and out of the country due to international investments, and is used by governmental financial institutions to determine fiscal strategy regarding currency valuations.