- noun a dry structure which bursts open with force releasing the seeds of flowering plants or spores of mosses
- noun a small closed container
- noun a membrane round an organ or joint
- noun a small hollow digestible case filled with a drug that is taken by swallowing
- a metal, traditionally lead, or plastic wrapper that covers the cork and top of the neck of a wine bottle. The capsule helps protect the cork from drying out, which would allow air into the bottle.
- plural noun capital letters