- noun a hard covering which protects something
Cars & Driving
- noun a cover passing all the way round a piece of equipment, such as an electric motor
- noun a tyre, especially in its basic form before the tread has been moulded on
- noun the tube that encloses the meat mixture of a sausage or similar product, nowadays often plastic but traditionally a part of an animal’s alimentary canal from the gullet to the rectum
- noun the act of putting a hard cover on a book, attaching it by glueing it to the endpapers and the hinge flaps
- noun an outer covering, e.g. the sheath of an electrical cable
- noun a frame containing a door, window or stairway.