- noun a sealed plastic container used to store and protect magnetic tape
- noun a hard container used to store and protect magnetic tape
- A flat compact case containing magnetic tape and two floating reels, one for supply, the other for take-up. It is designed for easy insertion and removal from devices intended for their use. Utilized, for instance for audio or videotapes, or for data backup. Also called tape cassette.
- A lightproof housing for photographic film or plates.
- feminine A soft, pale, creamy, rectangular cows’ milk cheese, seasoned, wrapped in walnut leaves and sold in small willow baskets
Information & Library Science
- noun a small rectangular plastic container for magnetic tape which can be used for recording and playing back speech or music
- noun a sealed plastic box containing a length of audiotape or videotape for playing or recording