- noun a unique set of numbers that identifies a person or company and is used to prove the person’s identity over the Internet
- noun an official document carrying an official declaration by someone, and signed by that person
- noun an official paper which states something, e.g. the National Certificate in agriculture
- noun an official document which shows that something is owned by someone or that something is true
- A written document appropriately signed by responsible parties testifying to a matter of fact in accordance with a requirement of the contract documents.
Information & Library Science
- noun an official document given to confirm facts
- noun the rating given to films which dictates how old a person must be to see it, based on its content.