- noun a protective material surrounding something
Cars & Driving
- noun the process of covering one material with another and bonding them together under high pressure and temperature
- noun outer body panels fitted separately to composite wooden or tubular frames, e.g. on buses and coaches
- A covering or sheathing applied to provide desirable surface properties, such as durability, weathering, and corrosion or impact resistance. See also clad alloy.
- A layer that surrounds the core of an optical fiber.
- The bonding of two or more materials. For instance, plating a metal.
- noun a layer of stone, tiles or wood added to the outside of a building to protect it against the weather or to improve its insulation or appearance