- noun a person who claims something
- noun a person who starts a legal action against someone in the civil courts
- noun a person who makes a claim against someone in the civil courts
(written as Claimant)A party, typically a person or organization, who brings a claim against another party alleging damages resulting from actions of the first party that are sufficient to warrant a lawsuit. A brokerage that has sustained losses due to system failures in electronic trading systems hosted by a currency exchange might become a claimant for monetary damages to compensate the brokerage for the losses.
- noun a person who claims a state benefit such as unemployment benefit
- noun someone who claims something such as state benefits or an inheritance
- noun someone who brings a lawsuit in a civil court against a person or organisation.
- noun a person who claims money, especially state benefits