- noun the act of removing something which is in the way in order to make space for something else
- noun the action of clearing land for cultivation
- noun a space made to allow for the movement of hardware relative to other hardware
- noun the disappearance of something unwanted, often rain, fog or snow
Cars & Driving
- noun a gap between two parts
- The distance by which one item is separated, or clear, from another; the empty space between them.
- An intentional gap left to allow for minor dimensional variations of a component or a part.
- The distance or space between two objects. For instance, the space between conductors, or between a moving and a stationary part of a machine.
- The minimum separation that must be maintained between two objects, such as conductors.
- noun in games, the process of clearing the ball from the defence area
- noun the act of removing dirty plates, cutlery and glasses from a surface such as a table
- noun permission to take off