- noun a sound of short duration, often used to indicate that a key has been pressed
- verb to press and release a key or a button on a keyboard or the mouse
- To press and release a button once on a computer mouse, or similar device. Used, for instance, to select a hyperlink.
Information & Library Science
- noun a depression of the button on a computer mouse, asking the computer to select an option on-screen
- noun a short sharp noise made by a switch or lock
- noun a clique, a small group of friends or confederates. A favourite word with high-school and college students.
- verb to catch someone (doing something they shouldn’t)
- verb to make contact with a potential romantic or sexual partner, score, pull.