- noun a group of cells derived from a single cell by asexual reproduction and therefore identical to the first cell
- noun an organism produced asexually, either naturally or by means such as taking cuttings from a plant
- noun a group of organisms all of which have been derived from a single individual by asexual means
- verb to reproduce an individual organism by asexual means
- noun a computer or circuit that behaves in the same way as the original it was copied from
- A hardware or software computer product which does the same thing as another, earlier product For instance, a computer system which is 100% compatible with a longstanding well-known brand name, yet is produced by another, lesser-known brand.
- noun an exact copy of a digital recording, taken as back up
- a vine propagated by grafting or budding from one original vine to produce a group of vines with a particularly desirable characteristic of the original vine, e.g. resistance to disease, a particular flavour, or adaptation to different climatic or geological conditions.