- adjective changed from being open by being covered or blocked
- adjective not open for business, or not doing business
- continuous and/or unbroken. For instance, a closed circuit has an uninterrupted path for current. A switch in the closed position is the same as being on.
- forming a self-contained unit or system.
- blocking, or otherwise obstructing.
- Not having a space or gap, as opposed to having such a space or gap.
- Not accessible to all, or not designed to work across different architectures or with varied products. For example, a closed architecture.
- adjective referring to a narrative that is brought to a conclusion at the end.
- adjective restricted to a few people
- used to describe a young, undeveloped wine that has not yet revealed its character, aroma or flavour but should develop with age.