- noun a substance with very small particles that do not settle but remain in suspension in a liquid
- Any substance divided into fine particles that range in diameter from 0.2 to 0.005 microns. When the substance is mixed in a liquid, it remains in suspension.
- noun a mixture in which very fine particles of a gas, liquid or solid are dispersed in another substance, as milk solids are in milk and oil droplets are in mayonnaise
- adjective relating to or resembling a colloid
- noun a mass of tiny particles of one substance dispersed in another substance
- noun a thick jelly-like substance which stores hormones, produced in the thyroid gland