- noun a firm which carries goods or passengers, and which anyone can use
- noun a private company that supplies data and voice communications services for a fee to anybody
- A telecommunications entity, such as a telephone company, that provides services to the general public. Common carriers are usually regulated by the appropriate authorities, such as governmental agencies. Also called commercial carrier, carrier (3), communications common carrier, common communications carrier, or public carrier.
- synonymcommercial carrier
- noun a firm which carries goods or passengers, which cannot usually refuse to do so, and which can be used by anyone