- noun the act of passing information on to other people
- plural noun a system of sending information between people or places
- plural noun the ways people use to give information or express their thoughts and feelings to each other
- noun the act of passing information to somebody usually, but not always, by using language
- The transmission of information between two or more points or entities. This includes the equipment, modes, mechanisms, and media used for this purpose.
- The information conveyed via communication (1).
- The use of electrical, electronic, electromagnetic, optical, or acoustic means to transmit information between two or more points. Also, the conveyed information.
Information & Library Science
- noun the exchange of information between people, e.g. by means of speaking, writing or using a common system of signs or behaviour
- noun the act of giving information
- noun a spoken or written piece of information
- noun the act of passing information to another person
- noun the ability to communicate