- The transfer of current from one path of a circuit to another path within the same circuit. Also, such a transfer between elements of the same circuit.
- The reversals of current through the windings of an armature, to provide DC at the brushes.
- In communications, the repeated, usually cyclical, sampling of multiple quantities, for multiplexing over a single channel.
- noun the act of exchanging something for money in another form
- noun the reduction of a punishment to one that is less severe