- noun a device containing metal bars connected to the coils of a generator to produce electrical current
Cars & Driving
- noun a series of copper bars at one end of the dynamo or starter motor armature, electrically insulated from one another by mica
- A device, such as a switch, used to reverse current.
- In a DC motor or generator, the section that causes the direction of the electric current to be reversed in the armature windings.
- In a DC motor or generator, the section which maintains electrical continuity between the rotor and the stator.
- In communications, a circuit or device used for commutation (3).