- adjective liking to win competitions
- adjective having a business advantage, especially by being cheaper
- adjective intended to compete with others, usually by being cheaper or better
- Applied to a market or industry, this usually means perfectly competitive. Contrasts with imperfectly competitive.
- Applied to a firm or the products of a country, this usually means having low price, high quality, or other characteristics that make it attractive to purchasers compared to products from other firms or countries. See competitiveness.
- adjective offered at the same low or cheaper price than similar goods
- adjective tending to want to do something better than others or achieve more than others