- noun a statement that you feel something is wrong
(written as Complaint)A formal declaration of charges filed in a civil court alleging damages by a defendant against the individual bringing the charge, or plaintiff. An investor who seeks compensation from another individual due to losses must file a complaint with the appropriate court, which then serves the complaint to the defendant to allow the chance for a response. Based on the defendant's response, a complaint may result in a civil trial or an out-of-court settlement.
- noun a document signed to start proceedings in a Magistrates’ court
- noun a statement of the case made by the claimant at the beginning of a civil action
- noun a statement expressing discontent or unhappiness about a fact or situation
- noun a statement setting out the reasons for a legal action
- noun a physical disorder, usually something minor