- adjective describes either of two angles that together make a right angle
- adjective describes the elements of a mathematical set that are not included in a particular subset of that set
- adjective the fact of fitting in with and improving the performance of something
- Compensating for mutual deficiencies.
- In semiconductors, having components of opposite polarities working together. For instance, incorporating pnp and npn transistors on the same substrate.
- adjective which adds to or completes something else
- noun referring to colours which are ‘opposite’ and produce a shade of grey when mixed, such as green and orange or blue and yellow
- adjective used in or using complementary medicine
- adjective referring to genes which are necessary to each other and produce their effect only when they are present together