- noun a part of an object, system or piece of equipment
- noun a part of an aircraft, aircraft system or piece of equipment
- noun one part of a force such as wind which consists of a number of different parts
- noun a substance which forms part of a compound
Cars & Driving
- noun a part which may be either a single piece, such as a brush or bush, or an assembly such as a starter or a fuel pump
- noun a piece of machinery or a part which will be put into a final product
- A constituent part, especially of an organized whole or system.
- One of the parts which constitute a magnitude. For example, the real or imaginary number components of impedance.
Information & Library Science
- noun a part of something, used together with other parts to create a whole
- noun part of a combined arms force