- noun the ratio of the size of an original uncompressed file to the size of its compressed version
Cars & Driving
- noun a ratio of the size of an original, uncompressed file to the final, compressed file that has been more efficiently encoded
- A ratio which describes the proportion of space saved after data compression. For example, a reduction of 50% in the occupied space may be expressed a 2:1 compression ratio.
- The ratio of the gain of a device at a reference signal level, to the gain at a given higher signal level. Usually expressed in decibels.
- The ratio of the gain of a device at a given lower signal level, to the gain at a given higher signal level. Usually expressed in decibels.
- Within the YCbCr color model, one of the two color-difference signals. The other is Cb (2).
Information & Library Science
- abbreviation in Internet addresses, the top-level domain for Costa Rica