Cars & Driving
- noun a pump for increasing pressure used e.g. in air-conditioning or in forced induction (supercharging or turbocharging)
- noun a tool for compressing a coil spring, such as a valve spring
- A machine that compresses air or gases.
- In refrigeration/air conditioning, a machine that compresses a refrigerant gas, which then goes to an evaporator.
- A truck- or trailer-mounted apparatus, usually diesel-driven, that generates compressed air for demolition hammers, sandblasting and similar needs on a construction site.
- A circuit or device which reduces the range of its input signal magnitudes.
- A program or routine which compresses data.
- noun a machine that compresses gas so that the power produced when the gas is released can be used to power another machine, e.g. a pneumatic drill