- noun the act of improving the quality of something
- noun the preparation of crops for harvesting
- noun the process of making meat more tender by keeping it for some time at a low temperature
- noun the preparation of grain for milling by adding water to it, so as to ensure that the grain has the correct moisture content
- The modifying of devices or equipment, so as to make them compatible with other devices or equipment. Used, for instance, to match certain performance parameters.
- In telephony, the modifying of twisted pair wire so it can carry a digital data signal. Also called line conditioning (1).
- The modification of a communications line so as to improve performance. Also called line conditioning (2).
- noun the work or programme used to bring somebody or something to a good physical state