(written as Conference)a popular variety of dessert pear. It has a long shape and keeps very well.
- noun a meeting of an organisation such as an association, society or union
Information & Library Science
- noun a meeting often lasting several days where people discuss a common subject or shared interest
- noun a meeting of a group of people to discuss something
- noun a meeting between representatives of the Senate and House of Representatives to discuss differences of opinion over a bill
- noun an association or league of sports teams that compete with each other
- noun an informal agreement between airlines or shipping lines to restrict competition on particular routes