- noun the likelihood that a particular number will lie within a range of values
- The probability that results will be equal to or more favorable than the amount estimated or quoted; or
- The probability that the decision made will achieve the desired results; or
- The probability that the stated conclusion is true. Note: Confidence level may also be expressed as "equal to or less favorable". If that is the case, it should be so noted. Without such a note, the definition shown is assumed.
- The probability that a confidence interval will contain a given event. May be expressed, for instance, as a percentage. Also called confidence coefficient, or confidence factor.
- synonymconfidence coefficient
- synonymconfidence factor
- noun a measurement, shown as a percentage, of how reliable or accurate the results of a survey can be expected to be