- noun one of the basic accounting concepts, that items in the accounts should be treated in the same way from year to year
- A reference to the relative mobility or plasticity of freshly mixed concrete or mortar, as measured by a slump test for concrete, and by a flow test for mortar and grout.
- The property of a mixture which determines its flow or cutting properties. The word is usually qualified as e.g. coating consistency, dropping consistency, thick consistency, jam-like consistency, buttery consistency, etc.
- noun the practice of ensuring that media coverage is uniform and does not contradict itself. The aim of this is to make the audience more likely to believe the coverage.
- noun the state of being liquid or solid, especially the percentage of fibre in paper pulp