- noun the grouping together of goods for shipping
- noun the act of taking profits from speculative investments and investing them safely in blue chip companies
- noun a process by which something is made more solid or strong
- compaction of freshly poured concrete by tamping, rodding, or vibrating to eliminate voids and to ensure total envelopment of aggregate and reinforcement.
- Compaction of soil in an embankment to achieve a higher bearing strength.
- An insignificant price fluctuation in a narrow range that gives no indication of current trends. Typically, consolidation occurs after a large price movement when traders want to lock in profits. The price stalls for a period of time until more information gives better guidance concerning intrinsic value. This will often occur just above support or just below resistance on a Forex price chart.
- noun the act of bringing together various Acts of parliament which deal with one subject into one single Act
- noun a procedure whereby several sets of proceedings are heard together by the court
- noun a stage in mending a broken bone in which the callus formed at the break changes into bone
- noun a condition in which part of the lung becomes solid, e.g. in pneumonia
- noun the increasing of the strength, stability or depth of a person’s or group’s success or position
- noun the grouping together of ticket bookings from different travel agencies
- noun the grouping together of items from different suppliers into one large shipment