- plural noun items that have to be bought on a regular basis because they are used up, e.g. paper
- plural noun small cheap extra items required in the day-to-day running of a computer system, e.g. paper and printer ribbons
- Supplies and materials used up during construction. Includes utilities, fuels and lubricants, welding supplies, worker's supplies, medical supplies, etc.
Information & Library Science
- plural noun items necessary for work which get used up and need to be replaced, e.g. stationery
- plural noun things which are bought and used, such as stationery, food and drink