- noun the decrease in volume of a substance brought about by cooling
- economic contraction
- abbreviation forEconomic contraction
- The downward phase of the business cycle, in which GDP is falling and unemployment is rising over time.
- noun the act of making something smaller or of becoming smaller
- noun a tightening movement which makes a muscle shorter, which makes the pupil of the eye smaller or which makes the skin wrinkle
- noun a movement of the muscles of the uterus occurring during childbirth