- noun a group of organisms or substances that are not being tested, but whose test data are used as a comparison
- noun a small group which is used to check a sample group
- (written as Control Group)A group of people acting for purposes of comparison as controls in a trial, cohort study or economic experiment.
- synonymcontrol arm (written as Control Group)
- noun in research, the ‘average’ or unaffected group against which an experimental group is measured.
- noun a group of people who are not being treated but whose test data are used as a comparison in a study