- noun a program instruction which directs a program somewhere, e.g. to another branch
- noun a program instruction which directs an electronic central processing unit to provide controlling actions or controls the actions of a central processing unit
- noun a program instruction that directs a CPU to provide controlling actions or controls the operation of the CPU
- A computer statement which controls the flow of execution of a program. For instance, an IF-THEN statement.
- synonymcontrol instruction