- noun an idea or mode of behaviour which, because of long usage, has become normal and accepted
- noun a meeting involving large numbers of people and long discussions in order to arrive at an agreed course of action often outlined in a public statement
- A statement of principle as to acceptable behavior. For example, members of the international Labor Organization have agreed to a long list of conventions regarding the acceptable treatment of workers.
Information & Library Science
- noun a large meeting of an organisation or political group
- noun a meeting or series of meetings held to discuss and decide important matters
- noun the general way in which something is usually done, though not enforced by law
- noun a formal agreement between several countries