- noun a substance, usually liquid, used to cool something such as an engine
Cars & Driving
- noun a mixture of water and anti-freeze (usually now with corrosion inhibitors) in the cooling system
- A fluid used to transfer heat from a heat source to a heat exchanger, where the heat is removed and the coolant is usually recycled.
- A fluid, such as air, water, or oil, which serves to remove heat from a device, component, piece of equipment, machine, or system.
- noun a fluid designed to stop an engine from overheating