- noun the preventing of the making of copies
- noun the act of preventing copies from being made
- Measures taken to help avoid the unauthorized copying of software. These include the requirement to enter a registration number when installing a program, or the use of a dongle. Also called software protection.
Information & Library Science
- noun a means of preventing unauthorised duplication of computer software
- noun a way of preventing copying from a copyrighted CD or DVD, such as by encoding it or downgrading the quality dramatically when copied