- An ornamental molding of wood or plaster that encircles a room just below the ceiling.
- An ornamental topping that crowns a structure.
- An exterior ornamental trim at the meeting of the roof and wall. This type of cornice usually includes a bed molding, a soffit, a fascia, and a crown molding.
- noun a projecting horizontal moulding along the top of a wall or building
- noun a decorative plaster moulding around a room where the walls and ceiling meet
- noun the top projecting section of the entablature, the part of a building that is supported by the columns
- verb to decorate or finish a wall or building with a cornice