- noun the adjustment or changing of something to make it correct
- noun an adjustment or change made to something to make it correct
- noun the use of a mathematical formula for adjusting a known inaccuracy of calculation
- noun an alteration on, e.g. a test answer, which provides the right answer in place of the wrong answer given
- noun an act of making something correct
- noun a change in the valuation of something that is thought to be overvalued or undervalued which results in its being more realistically valued
- An amount that is factored into a calculation or measurement in order to obtain a more accurate result, or the true value. May be used, for example, to compensate for the readings of an instrument.
- A partial retracement of a market trend, often with no readily apparent reason. Typically, this happens in a bull market when buyers become exhausted. Prices tend to fall back to a known support level where they will usually consolidate before a resumption of the bullish trend. Forex traders need to identify this event when it happens with a currency pair (such as the Japanese yen and the U.S. dollar) and respond accordingly.
- noun a calculation made by a forward observer and sent to an artillery or mortar unit in order to bring fire onto a target
- noun the process of directing artillery or mortar fire onto a target
- noun a change which makes something correct