- noun a voluntary code of conduct for people spending leisure time in the countryside, which indicates how to respect the natural environment and avoid causing damage to it
- A code used for dialing a country other than that within which a telephone call is originated. Such a code is usually followed by a city code, and then the specific telephone number. Some regions require dialing the country code even when the call is originated in the same country.
- Over the Internet, a two-character abbreviation which identifies a country. It appears at the end of a Uniform resource Locator, or address, as in: firstname.lastname@example.org, where the country code is qq. A given country code in an address does not necessarily mean that the host to that address is physically there. Also called Internet country code.
Information & Library Science
- noun the last part of an e-mail address which indicates the country of origin
- noun a number dialled after the international access code and before the area code when making a call to another country