- noun a scan where a narrow X-ray beam, guided by a computer, photographs a thin section of the body or an organ from different angles; the results are fed into the computer which analyses them and produces a picture of a slice of the body or organ.
- noun a computer picture of a slice of the body or an organ produced by a CT scanner.
- noun a system of examining the body in which a narrow X-ray beam, guided by a computer, photographs a thin section of the body or of an organ from several angles, using the computer to build up an image of the section.
- abbreviationcomputer tomography scan
- abbreviationcomputerized tomography scan
- synonymcomputed tomography