- noun an account in an bank from which the customer can withdraw money when he or she wants. Current accounts do not always pay interest.
- noun an account of the balance of payments of a country relating to the sale or purchase of raw materials, goods and invisibles
- noun a bank account which pays little or no interest, but from which the customer can withdraw money when he or she wants by writing cheques.
- noun an account of the balance of payments recording a country’s imports and exports of goods and services and the money paid on or received from investments
- The state of a country's balance of trade, cash inflows and transfer payments resulting from current foreign trade activities as measured by net exports and net cash inflows. A surplus or deficit in the current account will produce a corresponding change in the value of the country's foreign assets and currency.
- noun an ordinary account in a bank into which money can be deposited and on which cheques can be drawn