- phrasal verb to take away a small part of something using a sharp tool such as a knife
- phrasal verb to stop someone from being with someone else, or from or reaching a place
- phrasal verb to stop a phone call before it is finished
- phrasal verb to stop electricity or water from reaching someone
(written as cut-off)a date and procedure for isolating the flow of cash and goods, stocktaking and the related documentation, to ensure that all aspects of a transaction are dealt with in the same financial period
(written as cut-off)To shut off, discontinue, separate, isolate, or block.
(written as cut-off)the time after which a spot cannot be broadcast, usually late at night
(written as cut-off)a stance or gesture which avoids interpersonal communication, e.g. avoiding a person’s gaze
- verb to prevent someone from retreating or from rejoining their comrades
- verb to surround a unit so that it can neither retreat, nor be reinforced or supported
- verb to stop the supply of food, power, water, etc.
- verb to prevent movement to or from a location